Walking 15,000 thousand steps every day is no longer a strange activity for me. On the very first day of jogging, my companion is the old cute sneakers, which were bought several years ago. However, just a few days later, a catastrophe came to my jog and feet. I am always proud of my high extent of endurance but in this situation, I think it is time to urgently protect my toes and ankles with suitable walking boots. Fortunately, I have found out my destiny, is Keen Women’s Targhee 3 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot, and I will bring to you the specific Keen walking boots reviews later in this post.
I would never want to think about how my feet are if I don’t have these walking boots cause it is truly a nightmare. Without them, my feet always ache and are surrounded by redness, which can prevent me from doing outdoor exercise or just walking in the park to breathe the fresh air after stressful working days. With them, I can immerse myself in the feeling of pleasure when I freely walk, jog, or hike wherever and whenever. These walking boots were born to be a loyal companion for the women walkers because they not only bring them fantastic experiences but also protect them from being hurt.
Today, we are here to share with you about Keen Targhee 3 Walking Boots with the aim that you will have a precise description and enough information to confidently make your own decision.
Who Are The Most Suitable Users?
These Keen walking boots had rescued me from giving up walking. If you are addicted to walking, and you desire to walk for a long time and under any weather conditions, these walking boots are truly for you. On some days, you do not want to walk in the park or around your campus, hiking on a rough surface with these Keen walking boots is a brilliant experience. Furthermore, when you need boots to help you overcome harsh conditions like rock or little snow hiking, these Keen walking boots are your trustworthy assistants. Also, if you are a woman and you want your feet to be protected with a soft, pleasure, and pampering feeling even how severe the outside conditions are, these Keen walking boots will help you a lot.
However, with their characteristics and functions, these boots are not a good choice for professional work like working on farms or ranches because the seam will be unbearable with a powerful force. Also, if you are male, it would be better to choose others because of the size limitation. In addition, if you want to concurrently walk and show your unique outfit styles, wearing these Keen walking boots with a normal, basic, and classic appearance may not meet your demand.
There are some questions you need to answer before making a buying Keen walking boots decision.
- Firstly, what is your purpose? As I said above, these Keen walking boots are most supportive when being used for walking, hiking rather than working, walking in thick layers of snow, and ranches.
- Secondly, do you pay considerable attention to styles? If not, these boots are truly for you. Keen walking boots are designed in the most minimal stylé, so they can be suitable for a wide range of outfits. However, it can not make you different.
- Thirdly, what are the most crucial criteria you look for? If you find some characteristics like waterproof, traction, durability, comfort, and lightweight, these Keen walking boots may perfectly fit your expectations.
Keen Walking Boots Reviews
- WATERPROOF: The KEEN.DRY waterproof membrane keeps your feet dry and comfortable all day long by allowing vapor out without letting water in; Environmentally preferred premium leather from LWG-certified tannery; PFC-free water repellant, so you still get the same protection without the chemicals
- TRACTION : KEEN ALL-TERRAIN rubber outsole; 4mm mulrti-directional lugs provides high-traction grip in muddy environments and on rocky surfaces; Non-marking rubber outsoles leaves no trace or imprints when walking indoors
- SUPPORT : The Torsion stability External Support Shank (ESS) and mid-cut height adds ankle support and balance on uneven surfaces; Low-profile upper for comfort and secure fit with padded tongue and collar; The contoured heel provides next-level stability
- FIT & COMFORT: Removable, dual-density PU insole with arch support provides additional cushioning for long lasting comfort; Dual density EVA midsole for lightweight cushioning
- CARE TIPS: We've carefully selected leather uppers designed to last; However, if you're wearing your KEENs daily, they won't always be scuff and dirt-free; To treat day to day wear and tear we recommend using a common leather cleaner and conditioner
These Keen walking boots are always in the top best seller of Keen, and they are known as the most money-worthy items in recent times. They were listed in the “Hiking boots” category for Women, meaning their function would be optimized when being used for walkers and hikers. They are famous for their sustainability, shield, and contentment. It could not be denied that their functions and designs stand for the idiom “old but gold”. They have experienced a remarkable improvement comparing to their former version “Keen Women’s Targhee 2 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boots”, which lacks good durability and water-resistant features.
I have been waiting in agitation for three days for the shipping. I wondered whether it could be good, whether its size fitted and whether it meets my expectations. That morning, a firm box of Keen walking boots came to my door and I uncovered it without any hesitation. “Oh wow! They are truly fantastic!”, I uttered.
My very first impressions are their standard form and sturdy seam. Although the color is not flashy, it is pretty eye-catching in reality. I touched them and carried them out of the box. They are extremely lightweight, so my little 5-year-old girl can bring them and run around my house effortlessly. I try wearing them, and their size is truly tailor-made. This was the first time I bought Keen walking boots but their size is accurate. It also does not cause any irritation with my toes and ankles.
I started to walk some first steps, the crafted and midsole are incredible, firm but smooth! At that moment, I confidently claimed that these Keen walking boots bring me happiness when walking with over-the-moon experiences. With my demand for firm, sustainable, flexible, and comfortable walking boots, these Keen boots successfully got the highest score. However, if you need ones that are extremely hard and can protect you from more severe and harsh outside conditions, other products in the “Working” category of Keen or some boots specializing in climbing rock will bring you more satisfaction.
After spending several months accompany with my Keen walking boots, I realized some pros and cons as below:
- A standard size and well-design
- Sustainable structure and materials
- Pamper toes and ankle
- Comfortable and breathable
- Easy to get into it
- A wide range of color sets
- Have the Men and Kid versions
- Need a careful cleaning method to keep the materials working well for years
- Not suitable for steep rocky and thick snowy surfaces, also the professional working
Key Features Of Keen Walking Boots Review
Breathability and pleasure
Although these Keen walking boots’ appearances make you think it will be hard, the inside design will make you feel more than comfortable. You could have a long day hiking but your feet can breathe and relax in them. If your feet are usually wet when walking for a long time, with these Keen walking boots, you will no longer worry about that. Thanks to the soft rubber and leather materials, there is no sweat, dampness, or irritation with our feet when it is heated anymore. With the Ethylene Vinyl Acetate Copolymer (EVA) midsole of the craft, every step is smooth and relaxed regardless of the tough surface outside.
Protection and waterproof
The upper, midsole and outsole are well-connected by sturdy seams that can be flexible enough to endure the relatively heavy force and impact. The leather pieces are put at the toes’ locations, which aims to protect them without hurting them. Moreover, at the ankles’ area, a soft and thick rubber buffer will minimize the impact and keep the ankles away from being damaged.
These boots are more flexible and multi-functional than I expected. It is no problem to use these Keen walking boots for hiking on pouring rain days. I used to walk in the winter vacation all day long in the rain, there were no raindrops getting access to my shoes. When I walk to work with these boots, I have to overcome some relatively deep water splash and the inside is always dry. Moreover, I also run over some mud on the street and these Keen walking boots still work well.
Sustainability and durability
It can be seen that not all soft materials are weak and delicate and these Keen walking boots are good examples. They are made from well-correlated rubber and leather pieces. The elasticity of the leather and rubber is extremely awesome. You can widen the boots at the largest size to let your feet come in, or be stamped by other people in the crowd, there is nothing wrong with your Keen walking boots. Because it is versatile and bearable, the design and appearance of the boots could be kept like new in several months. Furthermore, if you rarely access some steep rocky area, clean and correctly preserve the boots, they could be useful for up to 10 years. We have collected some useful tips for walking boots cleaning here:
Leather and rubber materials are also safe for our skin and environmentally friendly. There are no allergic records when I use these Keen walking boots.
Some Recommended Alternatives Keen Walking Boots
KEEN Women’s Elena Hiking Boot
- MATERIALS: Water resistant, premium leather and textile upper; Featuring a breathable mesh lining
- FIT & DESIGN: Environmentally preferred leather from LWG- certified tannary, made with a foot form that is wider than the industry standard for improved fit; Injected EVA midsole for a surprisingly lightweight fit and feel
- TRACTION: KEEN ALL-TERRAIN rubber outsole provides higher-traction grip in muddy environments and on rocky surfaces; Non-marking rubber outsoles leaves no trace when walking indoors
- SUPPORT & COMFORT: KEEN.WARM insulation helps keep feet warm in temperatures down to -4° F / -20° C, but still allows feet to breathe; KEEN Luftcell PU insole is used for long-lasting comfort right out of the box
- CARE TIPS: Gently brush the boot with a soft bristle brush or hand towel to remove loose dirt and debris; Treat stains by lightly rubbing a gum eraser in a circular motion over the location and lightly brush afterward
If you want to experience lightweight, comfortable, waterproof, endurable, and well-protected Keen walking boots but you do not like the mid ones, it will be better to choose these Keen Women’s Elena Hiking Boots. You also use these boots for various purposes.
Firstly, they can be with you on any surface condition. With their all-terrain rubber outsole, you will no longer worry about slipping on wet and mud surfaces. On the rocky surface, these Keen walking boots steadily stick and keep you safe through your adventures. Secondly, the design and appearance of these boots are pretty different from other Keen boots. These boots do not only bring effortless walking steps but also make you fashionable. Finally, they are ideal walking boots in the winter. Thanks to their fluff buffer inside, your feet could be kept warm and avoid being numb with cold.
- Lightweight, breathable, bearable
- Could be used in many cases
- Could be used in some more severe surface conditions
- Made of premium water-resistant leather
- Well-fitted female forms, realistic sizes
- Well-designed, trendy
- The leather’s surface may be broken if it endured extremely heavy force
- Might feel a little bit unpleasure if your toes are too big
KEEN Women’s Targhee 3 Low Rise Waterproof Hiking Shoe
- WATERPROOF: KEEN.DRY waterproof, breathable membrane will keep your feet dry and comfortable in wet terrains; The Targhee 3 Waterproof shoe has a leather mud shield for resilient durability in all conditions
- TRACTION: KEEN ALL –TERRAIN rubber outsole provides high-traction grip in muddy environments and on rocky surfaces; Along with 4mm multi-directional lugs for superior traction
- FIT & DESIGN: Crafted with a dual density EVA midsole for support comfort and to help reduce the overall weight of the shoe; Removable, dual-density polyurethane insoles with arch support offer long-lasting comfor ; Eco Anti-Odour for natural odour control
- SUPPORT & COMFORT: External stability shank offers lightweight support for improved mobility and torsion control on uneven surfaces; Built with an injected TPU heel-capture system for stability
- CARE TIPS: Gently brush with a soft bristle brush or hand towel to remove dirt; Stains can be treated by lightly rubbing a with a gum eraser; Tough stains can be treated with a mixture of water and a little vinegar on a damp cloth, beware discoloration
These are a low-height version of Keen Women’s Targhee 3 Low Height Waterproof. All the features and functions are the same, so I will point out some advantages when you have a low-height version. Firstly, with the low-height Keen walking boots, you become more dynamic. It can be denied that every movement could be easier and more flexible without any cover on your ankles. Secondly, your feet can feel more breathable. These Keen walking boots with low height could be desirable for people who have problems with their sweat glands. Thirdly, the low-height editions are usually cheaper than the mid and the high ones, so if you want to try Keen’s products, choosing the low-height ones is not a bad choice.
However, the low-height versions might limit the safeguard’s ability of the boots because they can protect only feet area.
- Comfortable, breathable, dynamic
- Endurable, safety
- The firm designed, a wide range of sizes
- Lower price
- Solution for sweat-gland problems
- Not totally cover and shield your ankles.
KEEN Women’s Ridge Flex Mid Height Waterproof Hiking Boot
- FLEXIBILITY: KEEN.BELLOWS FLEX is a proprietary technology that features built-in flex to allow bending where other boots crack and weaken over time; KEEN.BELLOWS FLEX requires 60% less energy to bend, making each step feel easier
- WATERPROOF: KEEN.DRY waterproof, breathable membrane keeps your feet dry and comfortable all day long by allowing vapor out without letting water in; KEEN uses PFC-free water repellency so that you leave the outdoors as good as you found them
- TRACTION & SUPPORT: KEEN ALL-TERRAIN rubber outsole provides high-traction grip in all environments with 4mm multi-directional lugs; Non-marking rubber outsoles leaves no trace when walking indoors; The stability shank provides support on uneven surfaces
- FIT & COMFORT: Environmentally preferred leather with ripstop mesh made of recycled plastic offers all-day comfort; The removable, PU insole and EVA midsole provides arch support; Speed-lace system and KEEN Comfort Heel Control for a comfortable snug fit
- CARE TIPS: Gently brush the footwear with a soft bristle brush or hand towel to remove loose dirt and debris; Stains can be treated by lightly rubbing a gum eraser in a circular motion over the location and lightly brushing afterward
Have you ever felt the mid-Keen walking boots are still low and the high ones are too high? If so, these Keen Women’s Ridge Flex Mid-Height will make you satisfied. My very first impression of these Keen walking boots is their versatile shape. It also relates to the extra feature of these boots. The Keen has added the new technology, which can reduce by 60 percent of bending efforts whenever the shoes were weakened and worn out. This useful technology will expand the Keen walking boots’ life expectancy.
Like many other Keen’s products, these boots are equipped mainly with a rubber sole, some Polyurethane (PU) soles, and Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (EVA) midsole, which can carefully cosset every step.
- Well-fitted form, eye-pleasant high
- Money worthy
- Supportive, high-protected
- The appearance is not attractive
Choosing the right Keen walking boots for my feet has improved my walking experience a lot. These Keen Women’s Targhee 3 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot has rescued me from suffering the feet ache and help me maintain my walking habits for a long time. They make me feel comfortable, easy, safe, and motivated and they might be the best walking boots I have ever bought.
My health has boosted a lot, I feel better, more optimistic when walking outside with these Keen walking boots even on heavy rainy days or on the hard rocky surfaces. I could not imagine how terrible it is if I did not have these walking boots, and I would like to thank Keen, who has produced these masterpieces and indirectly encouraged me and other people to take part in daily walking activities. In the future, I will start learning climbing and at first, I will also learn about how the climbing shoes work to find out what are the most suitable items for me.
I hope that with my detailed Keen walking boots reviews above, you could confidently make your own decision. Click and check them now!